Why Our Drivers Love Working at Jade Transport
Jade Transport has a long history of pursuing excellence. We at Jade believe that the company is more than a business. It is a diverse group of people brought together by their common love of trucks, quality, and service. In every aspect, we strive for quality, from the calibre of employees that are a part of the Jade team, to the equipment, and ultimately in the service provided to our customers.
Benefits of Working at Jade Transport
At Jade we believe in taking care of our drivers because they are an integral part of our team and operation.
- Paid Training
- Guaranteed base pay for the 1st 8 weeks of being hired (earn $5,000+/month while you train!)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Health Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- AD & D
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- No-Slip Seating - Dedicated Assigned Trucks
- New & Clean Equipment
- 24/7 Dispatch & Roadside Assistance
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
Our Canada Truck Driver Job Openings
Class 1 Driver (NOC: 73300)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, On Call, Overtime, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night
Benefits: Bonus, Life Insurance, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Vision Care Benefits, Medical Benefits, Mileage paid, Piece work, Group Insurance Benefits, RRSP benefits,
Guaranteed base pay for the 1st 8 weeks of being hired (earn $5,000+/month while you train!), 24/7 Dispatch & Roadside Assistance, New & Clean Equipment
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Languages: English or French
Education: Secondary school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 year to less than 2. On the job training will also be provided.
Work Setting: Various locations, Willing to relocate
- Operate and drive primarily tanker tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport liquid goods and materials throughout Canada and the continental USA
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
Transport hazardous products or dangerous goods Load & unload bulk liquid shipments, plan travel schedules and routes, monitor vehicle performance, perform preventive maintenance, maintain records.
Additional Skills: Mountain driving expertise, Professionalism in customer service, Coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques, Address customers’ complaints or concerns
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s License (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement, FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Program, first Aid Certificate, Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate are assets but not required.
Documentation Knowledge: Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Accident or incident reports, Bill of Lading, Trip reports, Trans-border documentation, Driver logbook, Maintenance and repair reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer A train, Tractor-trailer, Liquid bulk, Tractor-trailer B train
Communication Equipment Experience: Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment, Citizens band (CB) radio, Trip recorder (on-board computer)
Transportation/Travel Experience: Regional, Long haul, Provincial/territorial, International, Local
Security and Safety: Valid Passport, Driver’s validity license check, Medical exam, Drug test, Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Bondable, Medical Exam
Transportation/Travel Information: Drive manual transmission vehicle, Valid Driver’s License, willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, wiling to travel overnight, willing to travel Internationally
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, Overtime required, Sitting, Attention to detail
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Cellular phone, Steel-toed safety boots, tools
Personal Suitability: Excellent written communication, Reliability, Judgment, Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized
Employer: Jade Transport Ltd.
How to Apply:
Online at www.jadetransport.com/careers
Journeyman Trailer Technician
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Jade Transport Ltd. is looking for a new team member. We are looking for a self-motivated, dedicated and adaptable level 1/2/3 transport trailer technician to help us maintain after our fleet of over 200 trailers.
Applicant must be available for evening shift 10am-7pm M-F, working every second Saturday 6am-12noon on site and on call for the remainder of the weekend. The week following on-call weekends the applicant is eligible to take either the Monday or Friday off in lieu of the worked Saturday.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- PM inspections
- Brake and suspension repairs
- Lights and electrical repairs
- Axle and wheel end repairs
- Minor bodywork and fabrication work
- Tank trailer valves, vents, piping, and gaskets repairs/rebuilds
- Tire repairs and changeovers
- Grade 12 education preferred
- Some experience preferred
- Welding and fabrication skills preferred
- Valid Class 5 required and experience moving heavy equipment preferred. Class 3 or above is an asset.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $19.00-$43.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability